ALEPPO – Clashes continued on Tuesday between the Kurdish forces of the People’s Protection Units (YPG) and rebel groups in Aleppo, after Syrian rebels threatened the Kurds in the city.
“There is a constant and indiscriminate bombardment by the opposition radical groups to target the largest possible number of Kurdish civilians and others in Sheikh Maqsoud who fled from war-torn city of Aleppo,” YPG official Salah Jamil told ARA News.
Syrian opposition rebels have accused the YPG of helping Syrian regime to take control of positions in Aleppo. But the YPG rejected it, and have accused the rebels of indiscriminately bombing residential areas.
“The joint attacks launched by the terrorists of Sultan Murad brigade, Ahrar al-Sham, the 16th Brigade, the Conquest Brigade, Fastaqim Kama Umirt group, the 13th Brigade, the Northern Division and the Nour ad-Din Zanki Brigades on the Kurdish neighborhood of Sheikh Maqsoud neighborhood in the city of Aleppo are still ongoing,” the YPG said in a statement.
“Islamist rebel groups have launched on 12, 13 August different attacks on the neighborhood, however the attacks were responded by our forces which engaged with them in clashes lead to kill 4 rebel fighters and destroying vehicle,” the YPG leadership added.
Syrian rebels threatened the Kurds last week after breaking the regime siege on eastern Aleppo.
Major Yasser Abd al-Rahim, Commander of the rebel group of Fatah Halab Operations Chamber in Aleppo, threatened the YPG last week, and vowed they will ‘not find a place to bury their dead in Aleppo’. The YPG condemned the statement.
Reporting by: Jan Mohammed
Source: ARA News
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter