Kurdish YPG forces. YPG-MC
- Terrorist attack hit Kurdish Newroz celebrators in Syria’s Hasakah, 40 killed
- Kurdish forces storm last stronghold of ISIS in Kobane’s countryside
- New influx of ISIS militants to Syria’s Tel Abyad through Turkey
- Kurds bid farewell to Arab fighters killed in anti-ISIS battles northern Syria
- Kurdish forces arrest ISIS-linked cell in Syria’s Hasakah
- Kurdish fighters repel ISIS-led attack north Syria
- Islamic State bombs ancient bridge, prevents Kurdish advancement to Raqqa
Hasakah, Syria – At least 25 militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) were reportedly killed on Wednesday evening, during clashes with the Kurdish forces of the Popular Protection Units (YPG) in Rawiya village near the city of Sere Kaniye in Hsakah province, northeast of Syria.
Mohammed Khalil, civil activist based in the city of Sere Kaniye, told ARA News that the clashes broke out after the YPG forces recorded progress towards the Rawiya village, in response to the attack of ISIL militants against the YPG bases near the village. The clashes ended with the control of the Kurdish forces over Rawiya.
“25 ISIL militants were killed, while 15 YPG fighters fell during the clashes,” Khalil reported.
The city of Sere Kaniye and its surroundings are witnessing continuous clashes between the YPG fighters and ISIL group since months. Dozens of fighters in ranks of both sides were killed, and dozens of casualties among civilians were reported during the clashes.
Reporting by: Jiwan Ibrahim
Source: ARA News