Militants of ISIL in Aleppo, north Syria. File photo
- ISIS infiltrates a town north Raqqa, clashes with Kurdish fighters
- ISIS militants launch chemical attack on Kurdish areas northeast Syria
- ISIS militants regain villages south Kobane, push back Kurdish forces
- Kurds repel ISIS attacks near Kobane
- Kurds fortify southern Kobane to deter ISIS attacks
- ISIS militants lose ground in Kobane countryside
- ‘PKK should evacuate Mount Qandil': KRG official
Kobane, Aleppo, Syria– Militants of the Islamic state of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) executed on Saturday a young Kurdish man in the suburb of Kobane city in Aleppo countryside, north of Syria, local sources reported.
Mohammed Mohammed, 26, was on his way to Turkey before being captured and executed by ISIL militants on Saturday. He was arrested at an ISIL-held security barrier near Jib al-Faraj village in western Kobane, a family member told ARA News.
“The victim was involved in arguments with ISIL militants at the barrier, and they took him then to the nearby Shuyukh village, where they shot him dead and cut off his head,” the source said. “His body was left on street and we hardly recognized him. That was shocking to everyone knew this young peaceful man.”
Recently, ISIL group executed several Kurdish civilians and showed them in public. Most of the cases were reported in Raqqa and Aleppo provinces.
Reporting by: Ahmed Salim
Source: ARA News
Note: The photo of the victim was not posted by ARA News for viewing considerations due to the scene’s brutality.