An election center in Daraa was bombed by FSA rebels. File photo
- ISIS reports gains near key airbase in Syria’s Damascus
- Syrian rebels massacre Kurdish civilians in Aleppo
- Al-Qaeda shot down Syrian warplane, captured pilot in Aleppo
- Kurds set up new civilian council for recapturing Syria’s Manbij from ISIS
- Russia accuses western states of blocking Kurdish participation in Syria peace talks
- US seeks to close ISIS major pocket northern Syria, supports Kurds to retake Manbij
- ISIS fights back in Deir ez-Zor, advances on Syrian airbase
Daraa, Syria – Opposition fighters of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) bombed on Friday morning a center of presidential elections (held by the Syrian regime) in al-Matar neighboruhood in the city of Daraa, south of Syria.
Haitham Nassar, civil rights activist based in the city of Daraa, told ARA News that the FSA fighters targeted with a mortar shell an “electoral center” included members of the regime forces in the neighbourhood of al-Matar in the city.
“Ten people were reported dead and dozens injured due to the bombing,” said Nassar.
Meanwhile, the pro-regime forces shelled on Friday evening the FSA-held Daraa al-Balad neighbourhoods with heavy artillery from the Artillery Battalion in Panorama,” Nassar added.
“The attack led to the injury of 4 civilians, who were taken to a nearby field hospital,” said Khaled Salloum, media activist in Daraa city.
Reporting by: Ahmad Hammad
Source: ARA News