A man carries a boy that survived shelling after what activists said were explosive barrels thrown by forces loyal to Syria's president Bashar Al-Assad in Al-Shaar neighbourhood of Aleppo April 27, 2014. File photo
- Islamic State executes Syrian soldier, threatens to storm Assad’s hometown
- Syria welcomes Iranian nuclear deal
- Syrian rebels reach regime-held military base south of Idlib
- 15,000 antiquities at risk in militia-run Idlib: Syrian officials
- Jihadists of ISIS and Qaeda attack Syrian rebels in Damascus
- Syria hosts world’s extremists
- Turkey arrests four Russians before crossing into Syria to join ISIS
Aleppo, Syria – At least 5 civilians were killed on Monday in Hullok neighbourhood in Aleppo city due to aerial bombardment by the pro-regime air force, local sources reported.
Hussein Abdul Salam, civil rights activist based in the city of Aleppo, told ARA News that the pro-Assad helicopters dropped several explosive barrels on Hullok neighbourhood on Monday afternoon, killing 5 civilians, including a child and a woman, while dozens of other were inured.
Meanwhile, the Syrian air force launched air strikes against Masakin Hanano and Sheikh Khider neighbourhoods in central Aleppo on Monday evening. No casualties were reported.
The city of Mare’ in the northern countryside of Aleppo was also exposed to similar bombardment with explosive barrels. ARA News could not verify the exact number of casualties.
Reporting by: Haya al-Abdullah
Source: ARA News