- ISIS executes relief activists for trying to enter besieged districts in Deir ez-Zor
- At least 18 civilians killed in Syrian strike near Aleppo
- Syrian rebel commander: Iran invaded Syria
- YPG tightens siege on ISIS in Hasakah
- Syrian rebels hit regime-held towns near Idlib, Assad forces respond with barrel bombs
- Syrian barrel bombs hit ISIS in Hasakah
- Pro-Assad army reports gains against rebel fighters in Latakia
Damascus, Syria – Warplanes of the U.S.-led international coalition carried out 16 new airstrikes against headquarters of the Islamic State’s (IS/ISIL) militants, the Combined Joint Task Force said on Friday.
In an official statement, the Joint Task Force said that four strikes hit the radical group in Syria.
Syria’s strikes were carried out in Deir ez-Zor, Kobane and Tel Hamis, destroying fighting positions of the Islamic State.
The statement also added that IS-held Iraqi areas near Mosul, Haditha and Fallujah were targeted.
Seven tactical units as well as armored vehicles were destroyed during the U.S.-led strikes in Iraq.
Reporting by: Laila Majdalawi