ISIS beheading. File photo
- Without the Russian intervention, entire Syria would fall to ISIS: Official
- U.S. forces conduct parachutist landing operation near ISIS-held oil field in Deir ez-Zor
- More than 15 killed after Russian strike hit medical center northwest Syria
- Pro-Assad forces seize several areas in Aleppo after clashes with rebels
- At least three Russians killed, 15 wounded in attack by Syrian rebels near Latakia
- Backed by Russia, Iran, battle-weary regime forces strive to regain territory from Syrian rebels
- At least 3,000 Palestinians killed in Syria conflict
ERBIL – Militants of the Islamic State (ISIS) beheaded a young Syrian girl in the northeastern province of Deir ez-Zor, activists reported on Sunday.
Suzan Khalaf al-Fasaal, 22, was beheaded by the radical group on charges of apostasy.
Speaking to ARA News in Deir ez-Zor, media activist Ahmed al-Shami said this was the first time that ISIS beheads a girl in the province.
“The terrorist group has previously beheaded hundreds of men in Deir ez-Zor. The beheading of Suzan indicates that ISIS has moved to the highest level of barbarism,” he said.
“Suzan was arrested in her family’s home in the village of Khasham east of Deir ez-Zor two months ago. Since then she has been held in a detention center in Hawayej village after being accused of communicating with hostile parties.”
“The group has later announced in a statement that the 22-year-old girl was an apostate who deserved death. They beheaded her in public on Sunday,” al-Shami told ARA News.
Reporting by: Sarbaz Yousef
Source: ARA News