Anatoly Zemlyanka, a Russian version of ISIS's Jihadi John. Fie photo
- Russian jets bomb primary school in rebel-held Syrian town, civilian casualties reported
- ISIS claims responsibility for deadly attacks on Kurdish area north Syria
- Assad: I will not negotiate with ‘terrorists’
- UN envoy: Ceasefire in Homs indicates possibility of nationwide truce in Syria
- ISIS seize new areas in Damascus after clashes with Syrian army
- Jihadists bomb Kurdish security checkpoints in Syrian town
- Syrian opposition ready for peace talks after Riyadh meeting
DUHOK – The radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) has reportedly beheaded five Russian nationals accused of spying against the ISIS self-declared caliphate, informed sources reported on Tuesday.
This comes only one week after another Russian national was beheaded on the same charges, according to a video released by ISIS.
Khasiev Magomid, 24, was a Chechen national who had entered the ISIS-held territory under the name of “Haroun” by order from the Russian intelligence. Magomid was beheaded in a chilling video last Wednesday by a Russian member of ISIS identified as Anatoly Zemlyanka.
However, the identities of the five Russians executed on Tuesday remained unknown.
“Leadership of the Islamic State tries to capture all Russian and Chechen spies who have infiltrated into the caliphate’s territory, that’s why today’s operation (execution of the five Russians) was kept confidential,” an ISIS-linked media worker in Raqqa told ARA News, on the condition of anonymity for security concerns.
“The five Russian spies were beheaded after providing information on an organized network of spies sent by the enemies of the caliphate to gain security information,” the source said. “Their identities were not uncovered because the Islamic State’s leadership tries to pursue other members of this network before they escape.”
Reporting by: Eyaz Ciziri
Source: ARA News