Spokesman of Ahrar Jarablus brigade reads the statement of joining the SDF ranks on Wednesday
- ISIS arrests dozens of women in Syria’s Jarablus for violating ‘Sharia dress code’
- Pro-Assad troops hit Kurdish district in Aleppo with barrel bombs, civilian casualties reported
- ISIS holds thousands of civilians hostage in Syria’s Shaddadi
- ISIS beheads media activist in Syria’s Manbij on charges of ‘spying for crusader coalition’
- Failure in Syria not humanitarian but political: U.N. official
- U.N. invites Syria conflicting parties to talks
- Kurds bomb ISIS Sharia Court, security center in Jarablus near Turkish border
KOBANE – Rebel brigade of Ahrar Jarablus announced in a statement on Wednesday that its fighters have joined the ranks of the western-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) to combat militants of the Islamic State (ISIS) in northern Syria.
“The ISIS terror group has been attacking our people for more than three years, committing bloody massacres and carrying out barbaric atrocities against innocent civilians. The moment has come that all rebel factions unify their efforts in the face of this terror group,” spokesman of Ahrar Jarablus Armanj Atto said.
The Ahrar Jarablus brigade started joint operations under the SDF umbrella against ISIS militants in the northern countryside of Aleppo on Wednesday.
The SDF leadership confirmed in a statement that dozens of new rebel groups have joined its ranks in the war on ISIS in northern Syria.
Speaking to ARA News, SDF spokesman Ayman Ghanim said in an earlier interview that the number of the new SDF members is increasing in the northern countrysides of Raqqa and Aleppo.
“Given the clear message of the Syrian Democratic Forces as a unified anti-terror umbrella, rebel fighters from various groups are seeking to join our ranks,” Ghanim said.
“The SDF reflects the social mosaic of the Syrian people, as it includes Kurdish, Arab and Christian members fighting side by side against ISIS terrorists,” the spokesman said. “This unity guarantees our victory over radical and suppressive groups in Syria.”
Reporting by: Salah Qasem
Source: ARA News