Syria rebels are seen in clashes with ISIS militants near Raqqa. File photo
- Al-Qaeda leader in Syria vows to continue fighting despite regime-opposition truce
- ISIS publicly beheads Belgian jihadi on charges of ‘high treason’
- Syria ceasefire agreement comes into effect with international support
- Red Cross seeks access to more jails in Syria
- Islamic State militants take over Syrian military base in Aleppo
- ISIS arrests two of its own jihadis before escaping to Turkey
- Humanitarian and ceasefire tracks for Syria ‘moving in the right direction’: UN envoy
Syria’s main opposition grouping said Wednesday it would respect a provisional ceasefire in Syria “for two weeks,” ahead of the proposed start of the truce this weekend.
“The King of Saudi Arabia welcomed the agreements reached and expressed his readiness to work jointly with Russia to make them work,” the Kremlin said. The two sides agreed to continue contacts on this matter, it added.