File photo showing anti-ISIS airstrikes in Syria's northern city of Kobane
- Jihadi commander killed in clashes with Kurdish YPG forces near Kobane
- Pentagon says anti-ISIS air operations resume from Turkish airspace
- American YPG fighter killed by ISIS in Manbij
- US-led coalition denies ISIS access to critical supply routes north Syria
- ISIS extremists slaughter dozens of Kurdish civilians north Syria
- Kurdish YPG forces combatting Islamists in Syria’s Aleppo
- Heavy fighting in Manbij continues amid ISIS attempts to keep positions: Pentagon
QAMISHLO – US fighter jets launched fresh airstrikes against the Islamic State (ISIS) in Syria, and destroyed 16 fighting positions and tactical units for the radical group, the US-led coalition said in a statement on Tuesday.
The raids targeted ISIS strongholds in the cities of Raqqa, Manbij, Shaddadi and Marea in northern Syria.
Dozens of militants were reported dead and injured in the airstrikes, beside the destruction of four ISIS vehicles and several machine guns.
“Tactical units and fighting positions of the Islamic State were exposed to heavy airstrikes on Tuesday. More than 55 ISIS fighters were killed and dozens more wounded,” a spokesman for the Hasakah documentation centre told ARA News.
The source added that the raids took place in coordination with the SDF forces on the ground “that provided the US-led coalition’s air force with accurate information about the sensitive locations of ISIS militants”.
Reporting by: Ahmed Shiwesh
Source: ARA News