An image grab taken the video shows the two men who identify themselves as ‘Abu Jaleel al-Hanafi’(L) and ‘Ibn Omar’ (R) sitting next to the logo of ISIS while pledging allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. (AFP)
- US to provide $1.2 billion to UN aid agencies in Iraq
- ISIS executes 20 civilians in Mosul on charges of ‘supporting enemies of the Caliphate’
- Scottish MP calls for more support for Syrian Kurds after Qamishli bombing
- UK government commission: Terrorist-linked charity misused funds
- Despite breaking ties with al-Qaeda, Syria’s Nusra remains a target for US and Russia
- Kurdish president announces move towards ‘own sovereignty’
- Human rights group calls on Iranian authorities to stop execution of Kurdish scholar
The ISIS militant group released video footage Wednesday it said showed two men who killed a priest in a French church pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
The video, posted on the ISIS news agency Amaq, shows two young men with an ISIS banner, as one of them recites in Arabic in a strong non-native accent a traditional pledge of allegiance to the group’s head.