Russia jet. File photo
- Dozens of Syrian soldiers killed in coalition strikes near Deir ez-Zor
- Islamic State extremists launch chemical attack on Kurdish villages northwest Syria
- Russia stresses importance of including Syrian Kurds in Geneva peace talks
- Turkey-backed rebels in Syria threaten to massacre US troops, calling them infidels
- US strike kills ISIS ‘minister of information’
- Islamic State arrests, tortures seven women in Raqqa
- Dutch FM meets with Syrian Kurdish leader to discuss KNC role in truce plan
Two Russian pilots died near the Syrian city of Palmyra when their helicopter was shot down by ISIS fighters, bringing the total number of Russian troops killed in the Syrian conflict to 12, Moscow said.
The defence ministry said a Syrian helicopter flown by Riafagat Khabibulin and Yevgeni Dolgin “came under fire” from ISIS on Saturday and crashed.