Emergency services at the crime scene in Reutlingen. (EPA)
- ISIS releases video footage showing French church attackers
- Kurdish president announces move towards ‘own sovereignty’
- Human rights group calls on Iranian authorities to stop execution of Kurdish scholar
- British MP calls for more support to Kurdish Peshmerga forces
- German police have 410 leads on possible terrorists among refugees
- 10,000 jihadis still fighting for ISIS in Mosul
- Syrian Kurdish defence chief denies reports about Turkish coup pilot entering Rojava
German police are working on the assumption that Sunday’s machete attack by a Syrian asylum-seeker that left one woman dead and two people injured in the city of Reutlingen was a “crime of passion”, DPA news agency reported.
He attacked the woman with a meat cleaver taken from the kebab shop where they both worked shortly after 4:30pm on Sunday. The German newspaper Bild reports the woman was pregnant.