Islamic State militants. File photo
- Islamic State losing final positions in Syria’s Manbij
- Syrian Democratic Forces release civilians trapped by ISIS
- Raqqa: Over 30 killed, 50 injured in Russian strikes
- US coalition continues airstrikes on ISIS fighting positions in Manbij
- Kurdish YPG forces respond to rebel threats in Syria’s Aleppo
- US Commander: Retaking Manbij will set the stage for attack on ISIS-capital Raqqa
- American killed fighting ISIS in Syria
DERIK – The Islamic State (ISIS) radical group on Thursday arrested a number of its own militants for attempting dissidence in Syria’s eastern Deir ez-Zor province.
At least eight ISIS militants were captured while trying to flee the group’s territory in Deir ez-Zor.
“On Thursday evening, eight ISIS security members were arrested after evacuating their headquarters without permission. They were captured while trying to escape Deir ez-Zor,” local media activist Samir al-Khalaf told ARA News.
“The ISIS-led Islamic Police has been pursuing the movements of its own members in the province after receiving information about the intention of some militants to defect,” al-Khalaf said, citing an ISIS official in Deir ez-Zor province in eastern Syria.
In the meantime, the radical group has reportedly detained a number of people accused of smuggling people from Deir ez-Zor to other areas in Syria, local sources reported.
Reporting by: Salim Faris
Source: ARA News