- US officials meet with Raqqa civilian council to discuss reconstruction
- US-led Coalition, SDF officials deny suspension of anti-ISIS operations in Raqqa
- Kurdish forces foil Turkey-led attack north of Aleppo
- Syrian Kurdish party calls on Rojava Administration to release all political prisoners
- Kurdish security official says ISIS leader al-Baghdadi still alive, located south of Raqqa
- Kurdish-led forces destroy key ISIS headquarters in Raqqa, kill dozens of militants
The Syrian opposition on Sunday stressed the importance of the removal of President Bashar al-Assad from power as a main condition for reaching a political solution to the 6-year-old conflict in Syria.
Opposition leader Riyad Hijab has insisted on the removal of Assad and his regime as a first step towards solution in Syria.
He said that President Bashar al-Assad and his followers were responsible for crimes against the Syrian people.
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter