- US not intending to stay in Syria after defeating ISIS
- Over 350,000 children vaccinated against polio in hard to reach areas of Syria
- Syrian Democratic Forces announce liberation of 60% of Raqqa city
- Iran building missile factory in Syria
- Manbij forces vow to protect city against Syria regime, rebels
- SDF general promises to liberate Syria’s al-Bab from Turkey-backed rebels
The US-led coalition has provided urgent medical assistance to the Raqqa Civil Council and it’s health committee supervising the health sector in Syria’s northeastern Raqqa province, the media centre of the Syrian Democratic Forces said on Wednesday.
The coalition provided medicines, tools medical supplies, and tents that can be used as temporary field medical points.
They also provided support for the treatment of medical clinics as well as tools for the transport of patients and injuries.
Moreover they provided surgery tools for surgery rooms and some surgery equipment.
Dr. Saddam al-Huwaidi, head of the Health Committee of the Civil Council of Raqqa, confirmed that these drugs and supplies will be distributed immediately to the health centers operating in the town of Al-Tabqa and Al-Karama where there are camps for Raqqa’s IDPs.
According to the doctor the medical support will continue.
This comes as the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces continue their military operations against ISIS militants in Raqqa city. The SDF announced on Wednesday the liberation of 60% of the city.
Reporting by: Wladimir van Wilgenburg | Source: ARA News
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter