- Western volunteers set up Medical Unit in Rojava to help Syrian Kurds in war on ISIS
- US government rejects Iran’s and Syria’s criticism of additional support to Kurds
- Syrian regime underestimated Kurdish forces, but Qamishlo clashes proved YPG power on ground: PYD official
- US and RSF condemn arson attack on Kurdish ARTA station
- ISIS executes two young men in Manbij on charges of spying for US-led coalition
- Kurdish leaders condemn display of rebel bodies in Afrin by SDF fighters
- Syria: human toll and suffering are ‘sickening’, UN relief chief tells Security Council
ERBIL – The extremist group of Islamic State (ISIS) flogged a woman in Syria’s northern province of Aleppo for refusing her daughter’s marriage to an ISIS Jihadi, local sources reported on Tuesday.
Eyewitnesses confirmed that the group’s militants whipped the woman in the ISIS-held city of Manbij in Aleppo province.
Speaking to ARA News in Manbij, media activist Nasser Taljbini said that ISIS militants flogged Hiam Jassim al-Awwad, 42, in the Martyrs’ Square in central Manbij in front of dozens of people for refusing orders from the Sharia Court to marry her daughter to one of the group’s militants.
“The punishment came in the wake of refusing to marry off her daughter to one of the group’s militants,” the source added, pointing out that the victim is originally from the village of Qara in Manbij suburbs.
“A militant from the group’s Sharia Court threatened the people of Manbij to be severely punished in case of refusing orders from ISIS. People are forced to implement the Caliphate’s orders in all cases,” Taljbini reported.
The source confirmed that the woman was whipped in public without any intervention by locals.
ISIS had earlier flogged and even executed parents for refusing their daughters’ marriage to the group’s members.
Noteworthy, in the areas under ISIS control, every woman accused of violating the Islamic dress code imposed by the radical group is being flogged 50 times in public as a punishment, based on extremist regulations of the ISIS-led Sharia Court.
Reporting by: Salar Qassim
Source: ARA News